The Hospitality - Hotel Operations Management program offers you the business skills and acumen to work in a wide range of areas within this multifaceted industry. Those areas include front desk management, housekeeping operations, food and beverage management and human resources planning.
Industry professionals will lead your Hotel Operations Management courses in on-campus hotel suites as well as in an event centre and restaurant. In addition to hands-on courses, you will also take part in a 14-week industry field placement that allows you to gain real-world experience. This college hospitality diploma program feature ensures that you are truly sought-after for employment upon graduation.
Further improving your employability is the fact that you will graduate with important industry certifications such as Smart Serve, Safe Food Handlers and CPR.
Picture the look on guests' faces as they walk into the gorgeous lobby of a world-class hotel, are greeted by a helpful concierge and warmly welcomed to a perfectly-finished guest suite before enjoying a meal and exquisite service in the dining room. All of this is made possible by the hard work and dedication of graduates from the Hospitality - Hotel Operations Management program.
- During your Hospitality - Hotel Operations Management courses, you have the opportunity to complete various exclusive experiential learning opportunities.
- You learn in state-of-the-art facilities that include four operational hotel suites, a restaurant, a cafe, culinary and bake labs. These environments mimic real-world settings.
- Because classes are small in size, you work closely with your fellow peers as you will with your colleagues when you graduate. You also interact with experienced faculty members.
Are you an international student?
If so, please note that you will not be eligible for your post-graduation work permit if you take a semester off from your learning. Always talk to our Student Advisor before planning your time with us. We want you to enjoy your entire experience and are here to help you with your learning journey.
It’s Your Shift Training and Awareness Program
The program includes an innovative industry training and awareness certification – It’s Your Shift. The certification equips students with the crucial knowledge and provides current resources focused on sexual harassment prevention and safe practices for intervention as frontline workers or managers. It will support graduates as they enter the hospitality industry to become leaders for the prevention of sexual harassment and contribute to the evolution of safe and welcoming work environments.
The SMART Accreditation Program
Centennial's Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management two-year diploma program and Hospitality and Tourism Administration three-year advanced diploma program have been honoured with the organization's SMART + Premium status, which means the programs exceed basic tourism industry standards. Centennial College is among the first colleges and universities in Canada to receive Tourism HR Canada's SMART accreditation –and the only one to have two programs recognized for demonstrating tourism-related programming that exceeds industry standards.
Qualified graduates of the Hospitality - Hotel Operations Management program may be eligible to participate in pathway programs with partnering institutions. These pathway programs allow you to receive degree credit for learning obtained at Centennial College. Our partners include:
- Glion Swiss Hospitality Management School - Switzerland
- IMI International Management Institute - Switzerland
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management - Switzerland
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management- Spain
- Royal Roads University - Vancouver
- University of Guelph, Ontario
- *Vancouver Island University - Vancouver Island
*Vancouver Island University: This program articulates directly to the Bachelor of Hospitality Management program at Vancouver Island University, allowing you to also complete a degree in an additional 2 years.
If you are interested in pursuing further education upon graduation, please contact an academic advisor to discuss your options.
Note: The qualification requirements and costs for each external accreditation, designation, certification or recognition are set by the granting body — not by Centennial College. In order to qualify for any external accreditations, designations, certifications or recognition, students and graduates will need to follow the processes and meet the applicable requirements listed on the websites and in the materials of those external bodies.
- General Manager
- Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- Housekeeping Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Front Desk Manager
- Meeting and Event Coordinator
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More