Summer/winter school “Hard-to-produce reserves” / “The epoch of hard oil”
Theoretical and practical classes using the resources of big Tyumen research centers, team-work on the project.
- High viscosity oil fields development:
- High viscosity oil production;
- Mining method of oil production;
- Cold methods of oil production (“Chops”, “Vapex”);
- Heat methods of high viscosity oil production;
- High density oil: perspective of using: from metallurgy to balneology.
- Shale deposits development. From Baken to Bazhen:
- Bazhen formation as a global reserve of hydrocarbon resources;
- Clay-bituminous reservoirs of Bazhenov formation;
- Calculation of recoverable reserves in the deposits of Bazhenov formation.
- Development of the oilfields with low-permeability reservoirs:
- Peculiarities of low-permeability reservoirs and multi-phase filtration;
- Methods of production intensification of low-permeability deposits in low-permeability clastic and carbonate reservoirs;
- Modeling of technologies of oil displacement from low-permeability reservoirs;
- Identification of the processes of oil displacement from low-permeability reservoirs;
- Justification of the effective technologies of gas condensate fields’ development.
Target audience: student of foreign universities/companies specialists
School language: depending on the group content (Russian/English)
Duration: three weeks
About the School
The history of Tyumen State Oil and Gas University goes back to 1956 - the year of establishment of the academic consulting post of Ural Polytechnic Institute (located in the city of Yekaterinburg) in ... Read More