Study Academic Course in United Arab Emirates 2023
Basic monthly living cost
Rent in a shared flat645
Share of utilities49
Sample lifestyle cost
Fast food combo8
Pint of local beer9
About United Arab Emirates
Study in United Arab Emirates
Students who want to study in UAE need to apply for the UAE Student Visa. Student visas are offered for full-time programs. There are short-term and long-term visas.
What type of Visa do you need?
UAE Student Visa
Price and currency
The cost of a residence permit for student depends on the sponsor (parent or university), the jurisdiction of the sponsor (in case of university), if the applicant is inside or outside of the UAE and if the application is processed in a normal or expedited way.
Who can apply for the visa?
United Arab Emirates law requires all non-national (except GCC nationals) students to obtain a ‘Student Entry Permit’, followed by a ‘Student Residence Visa’ for the duration of their studies. The GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) member states are Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Where can you make the application?
The UAE Student Visa for international students is facilitated by the UAE universities themselves. Students can send their documents directly to the university.
How to make the application?
Once the university sends you the offer letter for the program and you accept it, it will initiate the visa application process. The UAE student Visa does not require international students to appear for a separate visa interview.
While the documentation process might vary from university to university, some of the commonly required documents for UAE Student Visa are:
- Colored Passport copy valid at least for seven months.
- Colored passport size photograph
- Filled University forms
- Tuition and Visa fee receipt copy
- Completed medical insurance documentation
When should you apply?
Ideally, the student visa process should start at least 1–2 months prior to the beginning of the semester, so that they can take care of the other aspects of the departure checklist. It usually takes around 15–20 days for the visa to be processed, however, that varies from university to university. International students also have the option of choosing Express processing, which costs more than normal processing. Under Express processing, students can get the UAE Students Visa within 10 days.
UAE student visas are valid for a period of 12 months. International students have to renew their student visa at the end of the 12 month period if their program is longer than that period. Students will be charged a visa renewal and health insurance fee for the renewal. International students have to submit their visa renewal documents at least a month prior to the date of visa expiry.
International students in the UAE can take up on-campus, as well as off-campus work. However, they would require permission for their university for this. If students have university sponsorship, they can approach the UAE Labor department to obtain a permit to take up part-time jobs in UAE.
The approximate cost of a student residence permit is Dh2,500 excluding security deposit (if applicable), file opening fees (if applicable), legalization of documents, and translation (if required). Additional fees of Dh500 for a student work permit will apply.
Hours per week
Why do you need this type of visa?
There are, usually, three reasons why your UAE Student Visa could be rejected:
- The immigration body might deny it.
- The university registrar might reject it.
- The student might fail to clear the medical test (required under the Student visa application process).
- Université Paris-Panthéon-Assas
- Northwood University
- Canadian University Dubai
- Raindance Film School
- Britts Imperial College, UAE
- Ascencia Business School
- Texila American University
- Khalifa University
- Middlesex University Dubai
- Courses in United Arab Emirates
- Diploma in United Arab Emirates
- Certificate in United Arab Emirates
- Foundation Year in United Arab Emirates
- Postgraduate Diploma in United Arab Emirates
- Summer courses in United Arab Emirates
- Advanced Diploma in United Arab Emirates
- Associate of Science in United Arab Emirates
- Graduate Certificate in United Arab Emirates
- Postgraduate Certificate in United Arab Emirates
- Associate Degree in United Arab Emirates
- Preparatory Year in United Arab Emirates