Certificate in Information & Communication Technology (CICT) Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
|SPM||1 Credit in any subject at SPM level with a minimum of a pass in Mathematics, Bahasa Malaysia, and Sejarah (History);|
|IGCSE/O-Levels||1 Credit (Grade C & above) in any subject with a Pass in Mathematics at IGCSE/O-Levels;|
|UEC||1 Credit (Grade B & above) in any subject with a Pass in Mathematics at UEC;|
A qualification that APIIT accepts is equivalent to the above.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programs based on the latest program standards published by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). The qualification and entry requirements for the programs will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- IELTS: 4.0
This APIIT Certificate in Information & Communication Technology (CICT) is designed to provide:
- Strong communication, leadership, and ICT skills as well as fundamental knowledge to take on a career in this challenging and ever-changing IT world.
- Opportunities for progression into Diploma Programme or to embark on a career in Computing, Software Engineering, and various other applications of IT.
- Basic Mathematics
- Fundamental IT Skills
- Youth Development
- Introduction to Managing Business
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Statistics
- Database Concepts
- Introduction to Multimedia Application
- English for Technologists
- Personal Skills
- Ethics at Workplace
- Fundamentals of Visual Programming
- Fundamentals of E-Business Applications
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Windows Configuration & Maintenance
- Web Design & Technology
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following Diploma programs offered at APU:
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology with a specialism in Software Engineering
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics
- Diploma in Information and Communication Technology with a specialism in Interactive Technology
- Diploma in Business with Information Technology
Note: Students who have successfully completed the Certificate Programme may be allowed to transfer credits into the respective Diploma Programmes and as a result may be allowed to commence the Diploma directly from semester two.