Diploma in Business Information Technology Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
|SPM||3 Credits in at least 3 subjects at SPM level, with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History);|
|IGSE/O-Levels||3 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 3 subjects at IGCSE/O-Levels;|
|UEC||3 Credits (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC;|
|Certificate||Pass relevant Certificate Programme or its equivalent;|
A qualification that APU accepts is equivalent to the above.
Note: The above entry requirements may differ for specific programs based on the latest program standards published by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA). The qualification and entry requirements for the programs will be determined based on the "Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)" published by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- IELTS: 5.0
- TOEFL IBT: 35-45
- Pearson (PTE): 36
- MUET: Band 3
This APU Diploma in Business Information Technology is designed to provide:
- Students for careers in hybrid environments where business information systems are increasingly integrated, encompassing a wide range of enabling technologies and cross-organizational, social, national, and international boundaries.
- Students with academic and professional skills develop solutions requiring the application of both business and information technology disciplines in a commercial and organizational context.
- Students with critical, independent, and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability, and team working capability.
At the beginning of the program, students will acquire basic mathematical, language, and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamental of Entrepreneurship
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The second semester builds on and extends the foundation knowledge developed in the first semester. Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism. The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills and familiarity with technology is enhanced.
- Professional Communications
- Academic Research Skills
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
In this semester students build on their understanding of general business concepts and procedures to more specific areas, namely marketing, and economics. Related technology skills in database systems and computer programming enhance their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and making decisions with computing tools and techniques.
- Database Systems
- Programming with Python
- Business Economics
The modules in this semester continue to build on the understanding of general business concepts and procedures to the more specific areas of statistical analysis, accounting, and the legal environment. On the technology side, students are exposed to internet applications design and development, and the system development cycle.
- Legal Framework of Business
- Internet Applications
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Accounting
- System Analysis & Design
The final semester brings students into more advanced areas of business management, including issues related to organizational capabilities and resources, service quality and sustainability, and management of IT resources. Graduates will be able to demonstrate a range of cognitive and intellectual skills as they apply techniques specific to business, management, and information technology to create solutions in real-world situations.
- Organizational Behaviour
- Managing Services
- Managing Information Systems
- IT Operations Management
Semester 6 - (8 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 8 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programs offered at APU.
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in:
- Digital Leadership
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management with a specialism in Digital Marketing
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
Upon successful completion of this program with a CGPA of 2.5 and above; you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programs offered at APU.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology*
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in:
- Information Systems Security*
- Cloud Computing*
- Network Computing*
- Mobile Technology*
- Internet of Things (IoT)*
- Digital Transformation*
- Financial Technology (FinTech)*
- Business Information Systems
* Please take note that Bridging module/s needed before progress into Year 2.
- For the full listing of our Diploma Programmes, please refer to the Pre-University program brochure.