Summer courses in
International Summer School Aspira University College
Welcome to Aspira International Summer School!
Given our academic strength in this field, the economic importance of Tourism in Croatia, and that Aspira College of Management and Design is affilliate member of UNWTO, we have created this new summer program for 2023.
Apply for the Aspira's Summer School if you are an undergraduate student or graduate in Tourism, Gastronomy, Nutrition, Economics, Management, Business, Sports, Hotel Management or any other related field, and your level of English is at least B2. Aspira College may also be appropriate for students and graduates from other fields, if they are interested in the topics covered in the course.
As one of the sectors most affected by the pandemic, Tourism and Gastronomy will likely never be the same once it has fully recovered from it. Some of the effects of the crisis are likely to be no more than an acceleration of trends that already existed in the sector, such as digitization and greater consideration of sustainability issues, but other effects may be entirely new. During this two weeks you will choose between two tracks depending on your preferences.
Tourism and Hospitality Track
·International Hotel Management
·Management of selective forms of Tourism
·Social media advertising in Tourism and Hospitality
·Dalmatian cuisine with practical workshops in kitchen as well as Nutrition Course
Sports Management Track
·PR in Sports
·Selected topics from Kinesiology
The Program cost includes:
Tuition fees for the courses selected; Cost of social and cultural events, as well as field trips included in the Program. More detailed program will be announced later on.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Travels, accommodation and board costs are NOT included. International Relations Office of Aspira will provide help in finding accommodation for interested students.
Discount of 15% for Early Bird Registration (until May 5th) and 50% discount for our partner Universities.
Students who successfully complete the summer school will receive a Certificate of Achievement with 6 ECTS credits.
International Hospitality and Tourism Management topics:
- Basics of International Tourism
- International Hotel Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Front Office and Guest Relations Management
- Revenue Management
Sports Management Main topics:
- PR in Sports
- Strategic management in sports
- Sponsorship in Sports
- Sports Industry and Markets
Gastronomy Main topics:
- Kitchen Management
- Nutrition Course
- International Gastronomy Management
- Sommelier Course
- Kitchen Workshops
- Lectures by experts from the practice
- Significant emphasis on acquiring communication skills and learning the importance of business communication
- Visits to hotels, museums, sport events
- Number of sport, recreational, cultural, tourist activities and socializing opportunities
- Exploration of the attractions and rich cultural history of the Dalmatian region
- Croatian language course (optional)
- Earn a certificate of program completion and 6 ECTS credits
Summer school summary
Duration: June 19 – July 02 2023,=
Lectures - Monday to Friday: 09:00 to 14:00 h
- All lectures are in English
- Each course is credited with 6 ECTS
* Group fee available upon request
The price includes:
- Lectures, materials
- Light lunch on lecture days
- Sightseeing tours, visits to hotels, museums, sport clubs
- One full-day excursion
The price does not include:
- Transportation to/from Split
- Food and other personal expenses