Associate of Applied Science in
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Network Information Technology Brookdale Community College
The network information technology program prepares students as LAN and WAN network administrators. Successful completion of the program provides students with the essential skills of networking (TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Wireless, Security, and PC Repair and Maintenance). Students will design, install, configure, maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot networks using a variety of network operating systems (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X), vendor tools (Microsoft©, Cisco©, and Juniper Networks©), and hardware platforms and protocols. Upon completion of the program, students are prepared for numerous computer-related certification exams.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network operating systems
- Configure, maintain, troubleshoot, & secure routers, switches, and other networking hardware
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies and assess their applicability
- Solve problems individually and in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with peers both verbally and in writing
- Understand the impact of technology on individuals, organizations, and society, including ethical, legal, security, and global policy issues.