Since 1967, Cambrian College has been the leading post-secondary institution in Northern Ontario.
Our College has a vibrant community of more than 11 000 learners, with over 4100 students in 80 full-time programs, and over 7000 students in almost 900 part-time courses and programs across three campus locations in northern Ontario: Sudbury, Espanola, and Little Current / Manitoulin Island.
Discover the range of services and facilities we offer to support students and prepare them for success in today's competitive workplaces.
Explore everything we have to offer and see Cambrian for yourself.
Our new five-year strategic plan sets out to define Cambrian as a college of distinction, united to transform future generations. Our vision is to imagine the impossible, to inspire one another, and to innovate in ways we have yet to fully explore.
We are focused on transforming the learning experience to provide continuous access to flexible and customizable learning experiences. We are motivated to enhance the learner experience and to fully embrace the power of collaboration in a supportive learning community.
Planning and Institutional Research
Cambrian’s Planning and Institutional Research team provide leadership and support in the areas of research, planning, student learning outcomes, and quality assurance to support the College’s mission, effectiveness and student success.
Specific functions include:
- Academic planning support and outcomes assessment
- Government reporting (Multi-Year Accountability Agreement, Strategic Mandate Agreement, College Business Plan, College Annual Plan, Key Performance Indicators)
- Quality assurance audits and management
- Survey development, facilitation, analysis, and reporting
- Support for enrolment planning and forecasting
- New program planning/development.
- Program management processes
- Performance metrics development, monitoring, and analysis (college scorecard, divisional and program scorecards)
- Inter-college comparisons and benchmarking
- Environmental scans and market analyses
- Research, data analysis, and report generation
- Proposal review and development for fund acquisition
- Community outreach and labour market analysis
Cambrian Research Ethics
Cambrian College will promote and facilitate the use of research in the College community in order to contribute to the development and application of knowledge, to critically examine practices and keep current with merging knowledge relevant to education, and to promote professional practice. The College is committed to ensuring that all research meets the highest scientific and ethical standards.
At Cambrian College we celebrate excellence. Cambrian has several prestigious awards that honour students, alumni, and staff who represent the best our school has to offer. These awards are given to those who proudly rise to the top, serving the Cambrian community, as well as the communities in which they live.