Graduate Certificate in
Internet of Things - System Architecture and Integration - Graduate Certificate program Centennial College
This program introduces the learner to the highly interconnected world known as the Internet of Things (IoT) and examines how the IoT shapes every facet of our personal, professional, and social, lives. Learners will explore the entire IoT ecosystem and develop an appreciation for, and understanding of, the ethical and legal applications of this technology. It examines the various systems and processes that comprise the IoT from the electronic sensors and actuators that allow us to interact with the physical world, the network technology which allows the devices to communicate with each other, the cloud and edge computing devices that allow the IoT to function on a global scale, to the software code that ties all of the various devices together in a secure and efficient manner. Business opportunities provided by the IoT will be explored and students will have the opportunity to work with a business partner to design, develop, and install an IoT solution for a real-world problem.
This program is offered alternatively in an online delivery mode.
- Introduction to IoT
- IoT Electronic Circuits and Devices
- Programming for IoT
- IoT Infrastructure
- Cloud IoT Platforms
- Advanced IoT Programming
- Introduction to AI
- Big Data in the IoT
- IoT Security
- IoT Capstone Project 1
- Application of AI to IoT
- Storage and Virtualization
- Connectivity and Mobility
- System Integration
- IoT Capstone Project 2
This program has been developed in collaboration with industry partners such as Amazon, GM, and The City of Toronto. It is delivered in a continuous format allowing students to graduate within 12 months of enrollment. Convenient scheduling ensures this program is available to those currently employed. Business and Entrepreneurial opportunities presented by the IoT are explored and cutting-edge equipment and technology is examined. Learners have the opportunity to gain real world experience with our industry partners.
Companies Offering Jobs
The IoT is becoming commonplace in most areas of our day-to-day lives. Graduates may find employment many different areas including government, retail, health care, agriculture, industry, building systems, automation, law enforcement to name a few. Learners can also choose to become self-employed entrepreneurs designing and implementing IoT based solutions for various organizations.
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes
Program Vocational Learning Outcomes describe what graduates of the program have demonstrated they can do with the knowledge and skills they have achieved during their studies. The outcomes are closely tied to the needs of the workplace. Through assessment (e.g., assignments and tests), students verify their ability to reliably perform these outcomes before graduating.
- Analyze, design, and document the requirements for a secure Internet of Things computing environment to meet industry needs.
- Implement, maintain, verify, and troubleshoot secure Internet of Things computing environments to meet industry requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members and stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure effective working relationships.
- Evaluate and monitor Internet of Things projects in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure adherence to project management and secdevops principles.
- Evaluate the development and management of Internet of Things solutions to ensure full compliance with ethical, social, legal, regulatory, and economic requirements.
- Enhance Internet of Things solutions by applying a process of continuous integration of new architecture and systems in response to emerging trends.
- Design, implement, maintain, and troubleshoot data storage to optimize Internet of Things solutions.
- Integrate secure network communications into Internet of Things solutions to adhere to protocol standards.
- Analyze, plan, design, implement and administer Internet of Things and cloud solutions to conform to industry standards.
- Automate tasks in the Internet of Things by applying scripting and programming languages to increase system efficiency.
- Design, build, test and troubleshoot electronic circuits, equipment, systems, and subsystems in accordance with job requirements, functional specifications, and relevant standards.
- Develop strategies for entrepreneurial growth and development that enhance career opportunities and maintain currency with the IT industry.
Program Tuition Fee
- electronics - system design
- computer science - machine learning and artificial intelligence
- software - programming and application development
- networking - cloud development and security
- wireless technology - edge computing
- mathematics - big data analysis
- IoT - systems development
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.