College Certificate in Business Fundamentals - Entrepreneurship
CAD 3,503 *
Earliest start date
* total fee for Canadian students. $15,539.14 for international students
This entrepreneur program provides insight into the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship. You’ll study a variety of aspects including marketing, finance, and market research, along with hands-on experience with Quickbooks. You’ll also explore alternatives for starting a business, like franchising, taking over a family firm, and financing. You’ll finish this entrepreneur program with a comprehensive business plan based on your own business idea.
Your Learning Experience
Business Fundamentals - Entrepreneurship is a one-year Ontario College Certificate program. This customized entrepreneur program is designed specifically for the novice business starter and will provide students with the knowledge required to plan, start and manage their own small businesses. This entrepreneur program also assists students in acquiring the skills for long-term management of the business and their development as entrepreneurs.
It takes courage to put a business dream into practice. It also takes a plan. Under the supervision of a faculty advisor, students will undergo a unique opportunity to prepare a comprehensive business plan intended to help students launch their own businesses upon graduation. Banks require a business plan when considering financing, and so does a great business idea in order to succeed.
Please note, a laptop is recommended for this program. It is recommended that students use a PC laptop vs. a Mac laptop, as Windows is required to be able to load program-specific software.
The graduate has reliably demonstrated the ability to
- identify factors that have an impact on an organization’s business opportunities.
- explain the impact of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and ethics on an organization’s business initiatives.
- use current technologies to support an organization's business initiatives.
- apply basic research skills to support business decision-making.
- perform basic accounting procedures and financial calculations to support the operations of an organization.
- describe marketing and sales concepts used to support the operations of an organization.
- develop strategies for ongoing personal and professional development to enhance work performance.
- outline the functional areas of a business and their inter-relationships.
- create a business plan that meets the comprehensive information requirements of the business and its prospective financiers and partners.
- apply credit acquisition and management techniques appropriate to small business enterprises.
- evaluate the business environment to understand the risks and opportunities specific to business ownership.
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- BUSI-1121 ---- Small Business Creation
- BUSI-1122 ---- Small Business Marketing
- FINA-1046 ---- Small Business Financial Management
- COMP-1332 ---- Information Management
- COMM-1023 ---- Business Communication
- MKTG-1028 ---- Secondary Market Research
Take all of the following Mandatory Courses:
- BUSI-3013 ---- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- BUSI-3026 ---- Business Planning Workshop
- MGMT-3053 ---- Supervisory Management
- MKTG-3007 ---- Selling Fundamentals
- ACCT-1069 ---- Quickbooks
- BUSI-1120 ---- Small Business Legal Issues
Students Must Complete a Minimum of 10 credits in this program at Fanshawe College to meet the Program Residency requirement and graduate from this program
Fanshawe's Business Fundamentals - Entrepreneurship program provides graduates with powerful insight into the challenges and rewards of entrepreneurship. Through the knowledge attained by studying various aspects of marketing, finance, market research, and hands-on experience with Quickbooks, graduates will be able to jump-start their own small businesses. This program also sets graduates up to pursue a LEAP Junction program at Fanshawe that supports young entrepreneurs in launching their companies.
Here’s an example of an employment opportunity for graduates of Fanshawe’s Business Fundamentals program:
Small Business Owner
Create, organize, and manage a small business with considerable initiative.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.