Associate Degree in
Associate Degree in Interior Design Fox Valley Technical College
Surroundings have an enormous influence on people’s lives. Put your creativity to work in this exciting career field as an interior designer. You will learn how to plan the arrangement of interior space and coordinate the selection and sales of furniture, draperies, and other fabrics, floor coverings, and interior accessories. You will also learn the skills you need to accurately bid project proposals. You’ll learn both residential and commercial design. Through elective courses, you can explore options such as kitchen and bath planning, window treatments, wall finishes, or flooring. Internships will help you gain the practice and confidence to create design projects for clients.
Scholarships and Funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the institute website for more information.
- Fundamentals of Design
- Basic Interior Design
- Color Theory
- Drafting Skills for Interiors
- Commercial CAD
- History of Furniture
- Computer Basics for Design
- Construction Applications - Mechanical & Lighting
- Presentation Techniques
- Advanced Interior Design
- Business Principles for Interior Design
- Introduction to Commercial Design
- Internship 1 Interior Design
- Written Communication
- Oral/Interpersonal Comm
- Math w Business Apps
- Intro to Ethics: Theory & App
- Psychology of Human Relations
- Interior Design Study Tour
- Advanced CAD
- Interior Display
- Apply the design process to interior design projects.
- Apply fundamentals of design.
- Apply interior design business practices.
- Design within the parameters of the built environment.
- Integrate Codes that impact the interior environment.
- Integrate industry guidelines that impact the interior environment.
Program Tuition Fee
- Flooring/Window Treatment/Wall Covering Consultant.
- Furniture Sales & Space Planner.
- Interior Designer.
- Retail/Design Consultant.
- Visual Merchandiser.