Graduate Certificate in
Accounting Data Analytics Graduate Certificate
Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
8 - 10 months
Earliest start date
* credential cost: $6,056 - $10,200
Organizations collect masses of data. Accounting professionals who know how to uncover, analyze, and communicate insights from those data to drive decision-making are in high demand. In the Graduate Certificate in Accounting Data Analytics program, you will develop standout data analytics capabilities, and perform at the leading edge in the fast-changing field of accounting.
You will get the very latest from some of the best faculty in the world, teaching at the master's level. Gies College of Business at the University of Illinois is consistently ranked among the top three accounting programs in the country and is a leader in data analytics.
Learn leading-edge analytics skills
You’ll develop exceptional accounting data analytics capabilities, including the ability to:
- Frame problems in ways that can be answered by data and produce actionable results
- Create interactive visualizations in Excel and Tableau to explore data, identify patterns and relationships, and communicate findings
- Apply Python skills for assembling business data, including financial statement data, stock data, loan data, point-of-sale data, and more
- Share results within Jupyter Notebook, a popular development environment for data analytic software such as Python and R
- Use fundamental programming skills, such as mathematical operators, functions, conditional statements, and loops using Python
- Conduct statistical analyses for quantifying patterns and relationships observed in the data
This certificate is designed for:
- Accounting professionals looking to update their skills
- Business leaders without accounting backgrounds
- Learners who are preparing for the CPA exam
Required Courses (4 Credit Hours)
- ACCY 569: Data-Driven Decisions in Accounting
- ACCY 576: Data Preparation for Accounting
Elective Courses (8 Credit Hours)
Learners should select eight hours of elective courses from the list below.
- ACCY 577: Machine Learning for Accounting
- ACCY 578: Accounting Analytics Applications
- MBA 563: Data Toolkit: Business Data Modeling & Predictive Analytics
- MBA 564: Applying Data Analytics in Marketing
- MBA 564: Applying Data Analytics in Accountancy
- MBA 565: Infonomics
Courses are available at different times during the year
In this for-credit program, you’ll learn how to synthesize and communicate data-intensive information, findings and conclusions, and develop the job-ready skills to solve accounting and business challenges.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.