Technical Diploma in Truck Driving Milwaukee Area Technical College
As a graduate of this eight-week Truck Driving program, you will enter an industry in need of qualified workers. Developing skills related to safety, maintenance, and the operation of trucks prepare you for entry-level positions as a local or over-the-road driver. Students have the opportunity to attain Class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) as a result of their training.
Currently, the need for qualified truck drivers remains high in Wisconsin. The demand for truck drivers is expected to continually increase due to the retirement of current drivers and the increased need for freight-carrying services.
Additional program details: To prepare you to safely operate and maintain tractor-trailers and heavy trucks, the curriculum focuses on teaching driving and backing skills through classroom, lab, range and roadway experiences; online resources also assist with developing skills.
- Perform basic truck driving operations
- Adhere to safe truck driving operating procedures
- Explain advanced operating practices
- Explain vehicle systems and reporting malfunctions
- Comply with non-driving-activity activities
Currently, the need for qualified truck drivers remains high in Wisconsin. The demand for truck drivers is expected to continually increase due to the retirement of current drivers and the increased need for freight-carrying services. Long-term drivers interested in running their own businesses can become independent owner-operators of their trucks.
- Local Truck Driver
- Over-the-Road Truck Driver
- Owner-Operator of Trucking Business
|TRCKDR-341||Truck Driver 1 ‡||3|
|TRCKDR-342||Truck Driver 2 ‡||4|
|TRCKDR-343||Truck Driver 3 ‡||3|
‡ Prerequisites required:
- Must be admitted to the Truck Driver (30-458-1) program.
- Prerequisite for TRCKDR-342: Successful completion of TRCKDR-341 within the last six months.
- Prerequisite for TRCKDR-343: Successful completion of TRCKDR-341 and TRCKDR-342 within the last six months.
- Program curriculum requirements are subject to change.
- Current MATC students should consult their Academic Program Plan for specific curriculum requirements.