Associate of Science in
Associate of Science in Computer Science New Charter University
The Associate of Science in Computer Science degree program prepares students for entry-level positions in the computing field, with particular emphases placed on software development. The skills taught include programming logic, object-oriented programming, applications development, database applications, security concepts, and network and computer architecture.
The Associate of Science in Computer Science degree requires completion of twenty-one (21) courses for sixty (60) credits. The same course may not be used to fulfill multiple requirements in general education and major areas of this degree program.
1. Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts and theories of computer science including issues of computability, data organization, binary data manipulation, data storage, and data retrieval.
2. Collaborate with key players to identify user requirements and functionality for development projects.
Utilize various problem-solving and critical-thinking techniques to design and develop computer applications.
3. Communicate meaningfully in interpersonal, professional, and industry environments.
4. Apply numeracy and economic reasoning skills in business and industry settings.
5. Function effectively as a member of a team in business and industry environments.
6. Utilize high-level, computer languages that incorporate object-oriented design techniques.
7. Develop complex computer applications to meet consumer specifications.
8. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of concept and theories of computer science.
9. Demonstrate required general education knowledge and skills requisite for an accredited associate’s degree.