Associate Degree in
Associate Degrees for Transfer in Biology Riverside City College
Biology is the study of life! Students in the biological sciences will learn critical thinking and develop analytical and investigative skills. According to O-Net Online, career opportunities in the biological sciences are growing 10-14% faster than the national average. The Biology program map below includes all of your major coursework and recommended general education courses by term that is needed to fulfill your degree and transfer requirements. This pathway is geared toward students working toward transfer to CSU but can be used for the transfer to the University of California (UC) System. Those students working toward transfer to UC should take CHE-12A and CHE-12B (Organic Chemistry I and II) instead of or in addition to PHY-2A and PHY-2B.
Scholarships and Funding
Financial Aid Support for Your Educational Goals
There are many types of financial aid available to you at RCC. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application is required for most financial aid forms. Types of financial aid include grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, and student loans.
- Federal Pell Grant (Part of FAFSA application)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG - Part of FAFSA application)
State of California Grants
- California College Promise
- Cal Grant Program
- Student Success Completion Grant
- Chafee Grant Program for eligible foster youth and former foster youth
- California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP)
Riverside Community College District Scholarship
There are over 250 scholarships available to students through the RCCD Foundation, and only one application is needed to apply. If you are an admitted student at RCC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships offered by the RCCD Foundation.
CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship
International Students at Riverside City College are welcome to apply for CGACC-RCC Scholarship. This scholarship is in the form of a tuition fee reduction estimated at $1,250. The application deadline for CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship is July 25, and the results of the students selected are typically announced by August 6.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must be a new or continuing international student who will study full-time at one of the RCCD colleges (Riverside City College, Norco College, or Moreno Valley College) on an F-1 Student Visa in the fall semester. Transfer students can also apply. New international students who apply for the scholarship must have a completed RCC international student application, submit all required documents, and receive an RCCD I-20.
Biology - ADT (CSU and UC) 3-year plan
*For the first term Math course, please see MyPortal for your proper placement or see a counselor if you have AP scores of 3 or higher.
- English 1A/1AH --- 4
- Math 36* --- 4
- Chemistry 3 --- 3
- English 1B/1BH --- 4
- Math 10 --- 5
- Political Science 1 --- 3
- Chemistry 1A --- 5
- Communication Studies 1 or 6 or 9 --- 3
- History 15 --- 3
- Math 1A --- 4
- Chemistry 1B --- 4
- Guidance 46 --- 1
- History 1 or 2 --- 3
- Math 1B --- 4
- Anthropology 2 or Sociology 1 or 2 or 12 --- 3
- Biology 60 --- 5
- Physics 2A --- 4
- Psychology 1 --- 3
- Art History 6/6H, Music 19, Dance 6/6H or Theater Arts 3 --- 3
- Biology 61 --- 5
- Physics 2B --- 4
- Foreign Language (or two years of high school foreign language) --- 4-5
For alternative CSU/UC General Education options, refer to the RCC Catalog under Requirements for College Transfer.
Program Tuition Fee
Salaries Range : $33,400 - $177,900
- Veterinary Technician
- Biological Technician
- Medical/Clinical Technician
- Biology Teacher (high school)
- Conservation Biologist/Forester
- Zoologist/Wildlife Biologist
- Agriculture and Food Scientists
- Environmental Scientist/Specialist
- Soil/Plant Scientist
- Physical Therapist
- Biology Teacher (college/university)