Certificate in Cosmetology Business Administration - Entrepreneurial Concentration
Riverside City College
USD 435 *
Earliest start date
* per unit for international students / total required funding is $23,161
This program prepares skilled cosmetologists to develop and operate their cosmetology businesses. It will enable them to understand the market needs and how to adapt their business to the current trends. The program will enable students to establish pricing and marketing strategies to improve the likelihood of business success. The student will be prepared to own and run an independent business in any field related to cosmetology.
Scholarships and Funding
Financial Aid Support for Your Educational Goals
There are many types of financial aid available to you at RCC. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application is required for most financial aid forms. Types of financial aid include grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, and student loans.
- Federal Pell Grant (Part of FAFSA application)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG - Part of FAFSA application)
State of California Grants
- California College Promise
- Cal Grant Program
- Student Success Completion Grant
- Chafee Grant Program for eligible foster youth and former foster youth
- California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP)
Riverside Community College District Scholarship
There are over 250 scholarships available to students through the RCCD Foundation, and only one application is needed to apply. If you are an admitted student at RCC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships offered by the RCCD Foundation.
CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship
International Students at Riverside City College are welcome to apply for CGACC-RCC Scholarship. This scholarship is in the form of a tuition fee reduction estimated at $1,250. The application deadline for CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship is July 25, and the results of the students selected are typically announced by August 6.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must be a new or continuing international student who will study full-time at one of the RCCD colleges (Riverside City College, Norco College, or Moreno Valley College) on an F-1 Student Visa in the fall semester. Transfer students can also apply. New international students who apply for the scholarship must have a completed RCC international student application, submit all required documents, and receive an RCCD I-20.
Required Courses (21 units)
- BUS-10/10H --- Introduction to Business --- 3
- BUS-20 --- Business Mathematics --- 3
- BUS-30 --- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management --- 3
Select another 12 units from the following:
- ACC/CAT-55 --- Applied Accounting/Bookkeeping --- 3
- ACC-62 --- Payroll Accounting --- 3
- ACC-65 --- Computerized Accounting --- 3
- ART-39 --- Design and Graphics --- 3
- CAT/CIS-3 --- Computer Applications for Business --- 3
- CAT-30 --- Business English --- 3
- MKT-20 Principles of Marketing --- 3
- MKT-40 --- Advertising --- 3
- MKT-41 --- Techniques of Selling --- 3
Note: The Cosmetology Business Administration Certificate will be awarded to graduates of the Cosmetology Program or Cosmetology License holders upon successful completion of all Cosmetology Business Administration Major Core Requirements and 12 units selected from the Major Concentration Requirements (total of 21 units) to receive the certificate in the concentration area of their choice.
This Program Pathway will allow a full-time student to complete this program in 12 months. For students who require a part-time pathway, please see a counselor for more information.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Develop a working business plan.
- Develop a working marketing plan.
- Perform pricing calculations and determine profit margins.
- Identify a market niche.