Certificate in Operations and Production Management Riverside City College
Business administration is the management of small, mid-size, and large businesses. The objective is to prepare students with the knowledge, technical skills, and work habits to pursue positions in various business fields. The curriculum provides a solid foundation in general business. Studying in this area will help students develop teamwork and leadership skills as well as the ability to motivate people and communicate effectively.
This program prepares individuals to manage and direct the physical and/or technical functions of a firm or organization, particularly those relating to development, production, and manufacturing. This includes instruction in general management principles, manufacturing and production systems, plant management, equipment maintenance management, production control, industrial labor regulations, skilled trades supervision, strategic manufacturing policy, systems analysis, productivity analysis, cost control, and materials planning.
Scholarships and Funding
Financial Aid Support for Your Educational Goals
There are many types of financial aid available to you at RCC. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application is required for most financial aid forms. Types of financial aid include grants, scholarships, tuition waivers, and student loans.
- Federal Pell Grant (Part of FAFSA application)
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG - Part of FAFSA application)
State of California Grants
- California College Promise
- Cal Grant Program
- Student Success Completion Grant
- Chafee Grant Program for eligible foster youth and former foster youth
- California National Guard Education Assistance Award Program (CNG EAAP)
Riverside Community College District Scholarship
There are over 250 scholarships available to students through the RCCD Foundation, and only one application is needed to apply. If you are an admitted student at RCC and have a student email address, you can apply for scholarships offered by the RCCD Foundation.
CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship
International Students at Riverside City College are welcome to apply for CGACC-RCC Scholarship. This scholarship is in the form of a tuition fee reduction estimated at $1,250. The application deadline for CGACC-RCC International Student Scholarship is July 25, and the results of the students selected are typically announced by August 6.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant must be a new or continuing international student who will study full-time at one of the RCCD colleges (Riverside City College, Norco College, or Moreno Valley College) on an F-1 Student Visa in the fall semester. Transfer students can also apply. New international students who apply for the scholarship must have a completed RCC international student application, submit all required documents, and receive an RCCD I-20.
Required Courses (15 units)
- BUS/MAG-70 --- Introduction to Organization Development --- 3
- BUS/MAG-71 --- Introduction to Productivity Management --- 3
- BUS/MAG-72 --- Introduction to Quantitative Methods for Business --- 3
- Electives (Choose from the list below) --- 6
Electives 6 Units
- BUS-20 --- Business Mathematics --- 3
- BUS/MAG-47 --- Applied Business and Management Ethics --- 3
- BUS-80 --- Principles of Logistics --- 3
- MAG-44 --- Principles of Management --- 3
- MAG-51 --- Elements of Supervision --- 3
This Program Pathway will allow a full-time student to complete this program in 6-8 months. For students who require a part-time pathway, please see a counselor for more information.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Analyze organizational effectiveness and establish productivity ratios.
- Evaluate a business environment and select an appropriate business improvement intervention to increase business effectiveness.
- Apply appropriate diagnostic tools to determine current business effectiveness and establish an improvement plan.
- Analyze current business processes and develop a statistically valid graphical representation of performance and be able to predict future performance.
- Effectively select process improvement tools to analyze current business practices, determine problem areas, and establish a plan to improve business performance.