Diploma in Information Technology Services SAIT - Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Get hands-on, action-based training in information technology systems, support, and management while you develop a broad knowledge of IT, cloud services, information security and emerging technologies to drive business value.
Become an Information Technology professional and play a critical role in today’s tech-driven economy, helping end-users work effectively with complex hardware, software and networks using various tools and applications. Taught by experienced instructors using an industry-supported curriculum and leveraging the most recent technology, you will develop the knowledge, skills and aptitude to support an organization’s IT infrastructure as well as strong business, service, and consulting skills.
Demand for a range of IT professionals will continue as the growth of the IT sector creates more opportunities. Position yourself for a rewarding career supporting critical business operations in the dynamic and ever-evolving tech sector, and have a vital role in any organization.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be awarded a SAIT Information Technology Services diploma.
Students who experience success in this program and profession:
- have higher secondary and/or post-secondary grades
- possess effective interpersonal and communication skills, including in technical writing
- are committed to the significant self-study required alongside the classroom learning
- are detail-oriented and employ critical thinking in practice
- possess basic computer literacies, including the ability to use word processing and communication software (working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is an asset)
- are team players with a service mindset, and able to remain calm in the face of pressure
- are self-motivated, embrace lifelong learning, and are genuinely passionate about the IT sector
As computer software applications are integral to almost all industry types, graduates may find employment in many professional sectors. Potential roles include:
Related careers include:
- help desk/service desk technician
- deskside analyst
- junior network analyst
- monitoring operations centre analyst
- data entry specialist
- junior application support analyst
- inventory controls specialist
- security or network operations centre analyst
- installation technician
- audio/visual technician
- deployment technician
- junior database analyst
- junior cloud operations analyst
- junior systems administrator
Upon accumulating additional experience and certifications within professional settings, graduates may progress into more advanced roles within their organizations.
Program Tuition Fee
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.