Art Entrepreneurship Certificate
Full time, Part time
USD 131 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* resident; USD 188 per credit hour - non-resident; USD 265 per credit hour - out-of-state and international
The Art Entrepreneurship Certificate is designed for students who would like to manage their own careers in the art world. This program includes a variety of courses in art, graphic design, general business, and accounting to help students develop the foundational skills necessary to be successful in today’s competitive art world.
Students who satisfactorily complete the program requirements qualify for a certificate of program completion.
This curriculum is designed for students who would like to start their career in the art world, as well as for those students who are already working in the industry but would like to improve their opportunities for success.
Sample Schedule of Courses
- ART 150 - Introduction to Fine Arts Entrepreneurship Credits: 3
- CGT 109 - Design Concepts and Technology Credits: 3
- ENG 101 - English Composition 1 Credits: 3
- BUS 103 - Organizing a Small Business Credits: 3
- ART 121 - 2D Design: Elements and Principles of Two-Dimensional Design Credits: 3
- ART 122 - 3D Design: Elements and Principles of Three-Dimensional Design Credits: 3
Total Credits: 15
- CGT 166 - Photography Credits: 3
- BUS 122 - Advertising Credits: 3
- BUS 104 - Operating a Small Business Credits: 3
Select one ART course not previously taken Credits: 3-4
Total Credits: 12-13
- ACCT 103 - Introduction to Accounting Credits: 4
- ACCT 201 - Principles of Accounting 1 Credits: 4
Total Credits: 4
Program Total: 31-32 Credits
Not all courses are offered each semester. Students should work with an academic advisor to develop a schedule that will work for them. Students planning to transfer should check the transfer institution’s requirements/guides or discuss their options with an academic advisor. The number of credits may vary depending on the course selection.