South Louisiana Community College (SLCC) was created by Act 1369 of the 1997 Louisiana regular legislative session. The College was established as a comprehensive, multi-campus public two-year institution of higher education. It was designated to serve the Acadiana region comprised of the eight civil parishes of Acadia, Evangeline, Iberia, Lafayette, St. Landry, St. Martin, St. Mary, and Vermilion. Operations of the college were launched February 1, 1998, and it offered coursework to 31 students at its New Iberia location beginning in May 1998. Classes were offered in Lafayette starting in January 1999 and Franklin during the Fall 1999 semester.
South Louisiana Community College
Bertrand Drive,1101, 70506, Lafayette