Foundation Year in
ACCA Foundation In Accountancy (ACCA FIA) Sunway University
The ACCA Foundation in Accountancy (ACCA FIA) program is fast-tracked and prepares you for the ACCA Qualification with financial accounting and management accounting knowledge.
Completing ACCA FIA would allow you a direct entry into the ACCA Qualification with three paper exemptions, and thus you may progress to the ACCA Applied Skills level. The ACCA FIA qualification could be your stepping stone to the ACCA Qualification and membership of the global body for professional accountants.
January, July, and September
Assessments and Examinations
100% exam based
Why Study Here?
The US education system is one of the most flexible in the world, offering students unlimited choices of courses and focusing on an all-around learning experience. Adopting the US liberal arts approach of inclusiveness, industry relevance, and flexibility, Sunway ADTP has a strong track record of producing well-rounded students equipped for American higher learning.
Seamless Transfer into American Universities
We engage professors from US universities to deliver parts of our academic content. Each year, more than 100 US universities visit Sunway University providing a valuable opportunity for students to engage with and seek advice from admission counselors. We also host representatives from Western Michigan University (WMU) on campus who provide counseling services to students transferring to WMU.
Academic Mentorship and Support
Each ADTP student is assigned an academic advisor who will provide academic guidance and support. Our student-lecturer engagement is high extending over and beyond the classroom. One in four of our lecturers consistently receives “excellent teaching” awards.
Each semester our students engage in out-of-class activities e.g. running projects and charity programs as part of their assignments, volunteering in cultural performances, or participating in international conferences. We celebrate bank holidays like Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Independence Day, and Thanksgiving.
University Placement Guidance
We conduct workshops on all aspects of the transfer process—from selecting suitable universities and preparing applications to transitioning abroad. Our “Freshman Seminars” equip students with skills to succeed as a freshman. Our placement team continually supports students to transfer into “best fit” colleges. We receive study-abroad-semester students from US and non-US universities each year, many of which are our alumni for summer semesters. On top of our summer semester subject offerings, we support our alumni by providing referrals, offering proctoring services, and providing internship opportunities.
- FA1 - Recording Financial Transactions
- MA1 - Management Information
- FA2 - Maintaining Financial Records
- MA2 - Managing Costs and Finances
- FBT - Foundation Business Technology
- FMA - Management Accounting
- FFA - Financial Accounting
- FP - Financial Planning
- APE - Audit Regulations and Professional Ethics
*All international students are required to sit for an English Placement Test (EPT). A minimum score of 60% must be attained in order to be accepted into the program.
SPM students who achieved grade A for Prinsip Perakaunan will receive an exemption from FA1 (ACCA FIA subject)
ACCA FIA graduates will be able to support Financial Managers in any type of business, both locally and internationally.
Scholarships and Funding
- The Chancellors Scholarship of Sunway University and Lancaster University
- Sunway University Excellence Scholarship
- Sunway - Victoria University Excellence Scholarship
- Sunway College Special Scholarship
Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Entrance Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah ACE Scholarship
- Sunway-ICAEW Global Accountant Scholarship
- Sunway-ACCA Global Leader Scholarship
- Sunway CIS-ECA Scholarship
- Sunway University Postgraduate by Research Scholarship
- SHSM Service Industry Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies
- Sunway University Taught Masters Scholarship
- The Jeffrey Cheah Scholars-in-Residence Programme at Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge
- Jeffrey Cheah Scholars-In-Residence Programme at Brasenose College, University of Oxford
- Postgraduate Research Scholarship For Collaborative Project With the University Of Cambridge
- Jeffrey Cheah Foundation Community Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Foundation Scholarship
- Sunway-Teach For Malaysia Scholarship
- SEG-Elena Cooke Education Fund
- The Star Education Fund
- Sin Chew Education Fund
Talent Based Scholarship
- Sunway Sports Scholarship
- Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali Scholarship For Creative Arts And Music
- Sunway Music Scholarship
- Sunway University Art And Design Scholarship
- Sunway University Young Chef Scholarship
- Sunway College - STYLO Fashion Design Technology Hub Talent Scholarship
- Jeffrey Cheah Scholastic Award
- Sunway ECA Achievers & Sports Award
- National Prizewinner Awards