Accelerated Certificate Program: Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship
University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education
USD 7,900 / per course *
Earliest start date
* Tuition: $7,900. Approximate total cost: $14,100 USD, excludes airfare. Internship tuition: $2,900.
Now more than ever, innovation and big ideas are essential ingredients to a business’s ability to flourish. And, as any innovator knows, it’s not enough to simply have the idea – you have to know how to implement it. Using proven methods of innovation and design thinking as a framework, students in this unique program will learn new ways to generate ideas, gain deeper insights into their clients, manage creative teams, and drive growth in companies large and small.
- Utilize creative thinking methodologies to generate new ideas, recognize innovative business opportunities, and solve complex problems
- Examine the business models used by great business leaders in a variety of industries and learn to apply the underlying strategies to today’s economic landscape
- Develop a written marketing plan suitable for bringing an innovative product or service to market
- Create and present a business plan for an innovative product or service
- Demonstrate functional business skills in collaboration with entrepreneurs from the business community
- Gain a competitive edge in the global job market with an internship in a U.S. company
To earn a certificate at UCI’s Division of Continuing Education, students must complete all required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
As an optional last course and for an additional fee of $2,900, you have the opportunity to apply academic theory and gain practical experience in a variety of businesses and industries for 10 weeks. A research project provides additional training. Also included in the internship is the Résumé Writing and Interviewing Skills workshop.
- Leadership Workshop: Understanding Yourself & Your Teams for Better Results
- Design Thinking & Innovation
- Business Model Design
- Entrepreneurship Ecosystem and Economics
- Marketing and Business Development
- Managing Innovative Teams
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for those coming from a variety of backgrounds: international students and professionals who want to bring innovative solutions to market; entrepreneurs who have a desire to grow their business through applied innovation and new technologies; motivated individuals looking to start up a new venture that will thrive in today’s global marketplace; business managers and leaders who wish to shape their business to make a social impact to benefit the community and beyond. Whether working in a large corporate environment, mid-size company or as an entrepreneur, this program will equip all of those in innovative fields to take it to the next level.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.