Foundation Year in
University of Pavia
Pavia (PV), Italy
19 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
What is the Foundation Year?
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course taught in Italian designed for:
- students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course.
- students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia.
- students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Economics, Law, and Politics.
For the academic year 2022-2023, Italian and Area Studies courses will be held on campus in Pavia from October 2022 until June 2023.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will:
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study and be exempted from the first year's University tuition fee at the University of Pavia
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
- 450 hours of Italian Language and Culture course (several levels available: from beginner to advanced).
- 300 hours of Area Study courses taught in Italian.