Postgraduate Certificate in
PgCert Global Entrepreneurship
University of the Highlands and Islands
Earliest start date
* Scottish: £5,000 | Rest of UK: £6,480 | International: £9,720
What is special about this course?
Are you spending more time working IN your business than ON your business? Would you like to learn more to help your business but not sure what or how? Does your business need to develop a more global outlook to prepare for the future? If so, this new PgCert Global Entrepreneurship is for you.
This innovative course supports you to respond to the ever-evolving business environment and enables you to study on a part-time basis while starting or growing your business.
The course is aimed at business professionals and new and early-stage entrepreneurs who have already gained experience in small business, typically in a number of settings. Small businesses are the lifeblood of our local and global economies and communities. Increasingly small business owners are managing a wide range of diverse challenges and opportunities in a dynamic and fast-changing marketplace. On this programme, you will have the opportunity to apply business and entrepreneurial concepts and tools to the strategic challenges you face daily.
Many small businesses invest in training to enhance their technical skills and to achieve compliance, however, this programme enables a strategic focus on you, as the business leader, and on the growth of your business.
The course is studied predominantly online, with support from module tutors, your personal mentor and your personal academic tutor, as well as the wider programme team of experienced business professionals. This triangle of support is unique to the university and, due to the virtual and interactive nature of the course, is available at a time and place to meet your needs.
As a result, the course is focused on providing practical and applied knowledge that will help you to grow and develop your business as well as build your confidence and leadership skills. It will support you to become increasingly responsive and exploit emerging opportunities in the dynamic global economy.
- Taught by highly experienced entrepreneurs and academics
- Each learner will have their own personal mentor to encourage/support their learning and the development of their business
- Learning on this programme is highly practical and ensures you move beyond theory to meet the needs of you and your business
- You will be challenged to develop your ideas and seek out opportunities for sustainable growth
- All project and assessment work is based on your business and relevant development plans
- The global focus will help you to identify international opportunities for growth and learn from international best practice and case studies
- You can achieve an internationally recognised qualification while building your own business, allowing you to continue your lifelong learning
What can I do on completion of my course?
Aimed at existing business professionals, as well as new and early-stage entrepreneurs, this programme is designed to support the strengthening and development of your entrepreneurial mindset and leadership skills, in order that you are able to gain a recognised, internationally-relevant, postgraduate degree while enhancing your personal and business development.
On successful completion of the programme, you will be well-placed to develop and grow your own business or seek employment in a range of settings such as enterprise and economic development.
It is expected that graduates of the programme will be able to demonstrate enhanced global leadership and entrepreneurial capabilities, which are:
- vital to building and growing a successful venture in any context
- highly sought after by enterprise and business organisations
- actively required by entrepreneurial and growing businesses
This qualification is a fast-paced, immersive learning opportunity, which will give you a distinctive edge in the global business environment and the dynamic job market.